Tuesday, April 24, 2012

46 days and counting

Wow! I'm getting married in 46 days...

When we got engaged in March 2011, our June 9, 2012 wedding day seemed SO far away.  Not so far away now.  Yesterday I did some last minute things.
  • Set up appt to finalize the Rehearsal Dinner plans
  • Took Ring Bearer and Dad off tux listing
  • Changed tuxes to white shirts, because my dress is not really "ivory" (side note: Do you KNOW how many freaking shades of Ivory there are?  I do now - do your self a favor, make sure you have a swatch of your dress, the bridesmaid dress in your purse at all times! This has been a savior for me sooo many times over the past couple of months!)
  • called the caterer and made final appointment to go over quote and finalize everything.
  • called some of the people who did not RSVP.
RSVP'ing.  From now on I will ALWAYS RSVP right away, not leave the invite sitting out forever.  This is huge in the planning of your wedding.  We are at about 160 people.  I still have 30 people who have not RSVP'ed.  I hate that and now know how every other bride felt when I called 2 days after the fact or mailed the day of the deadline.  I will not do this any more!

I have 4 more weeks of classes and then I'm done until August.  It will be nice to have a break for a little while. I have been taking 2 classes every week with only a 1 week break in between since Feb 2011.  I graduate in Nov 2013. I'm pretty excited that I will have my bachelors degree in little over a year.  I just need to make some decisions on what I'm going to do once I have my degree.  I really want to go for my masters, so that I can teach and be a counselor, but I don't know that it will be a possibility with the cost of it.  Granted, I'm using loans, but those loans all have to be paid back eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment