Monday, April 16, 2012

The First Wedding Dress Fitting

I was so excited to go to my first wedding dress fitting! I was also very anxious and worried.  I bought the dress in May 2011, it came in July 2011 and not in April 2012, I was going to have to fit in it!!! Granted, I had been working out and trying to lose/maintain my weight, but I had some major set backs.

When I first got engaged I decided that I wanted to lose at least 20 pounds by my wedding day - I was about 155 pounds! (The biggest that I had ever been!) I started a weight lose program that I basically came up with myself - eating less, and working out alot!  It helped, but I think in an unhealthy way.  Then July 2011 came and we went to MN for a week.  That totally ruined it for me because I ate everything and didn't work out at all.  When we came home I was very not motivated to start working out again and I ended up gaining every single pound back!!  I was 143 when I bought the dress and it pretty much fit me like a glove.

Jan 2012 rolls around and I am 158 pounds - no way is that dress going to fit.  My sister and I decided to do this "Biggest Loser" contest.  We both were fairly committed to it and ended up taking 4 & 5th place.  Yay, us!  We did this by eating more fruits & veggies, working out daily (taking 1 day off a week) - work out would be 30-45 minutes of cardio and any where between 10-30 minutes of weights. This seemed to be a more healthy way of doing it, rather than just cutting calories and being hungry alot.

At my first bridal fitting I was 144 pounds, but my body was definitely different.  My waist line is smaller than it was before.  The corset was perfect in May 2011 - the standard 4 inches apart.  Now it is barely 1 inch apart. 

I am certainly proud of myself that I lost the weight and I'm doing much better.  I decided that I will try to continue to maintain the weight loss until after the wedding and then I can start trying to lose a little more.  Now that the dress is perfect, we don't want to screw that up!!

I was a little worried that my dress would be "too much" or over the top, after it was sitting in a closet for almost a year.  But at the fitting, when I put it on, I was once again sure that I had picked the perfect dress!

Here are some photos.

The back
The Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment