Tuesday, April 3, 2012

67 days and counting

Wow! I'm actually getting married. Sometimes I look at my life and I'm really surprised at where I am. I never thought I would actually get married. I hoped, of course, but never thought it would happen.

I have decided that I never want to do it again after some of my experiences. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I'm marrying my fiance, but everything that a wedding entails - if I had to do it again, I would probably just go to Vegas or get married on a beach somewhere far away. We have spend over $15,000 so far and will probably spend atleast $5,000 more!!

Background on us: We have been together 5 year as of Jan 2012. We move in together offically in 7-07m but more realistically the end of 4-07. We met on New Year's Eve 06 in a bar. Yes, I am marrying a man that I met in a bar. We actually didn't meet through friends either. He was sitting at the bar with his friends; I walked in with my friends and ended up sitting down next to him. He started talking to me and then the rest was history.

We got engaged in 3-11 on a weekend trip. I'm not really sure how or why we choose to get married in June - partly because neither of us wanted to get married in a church and we both liked the idea of getting married outdoors somewhere.

The first place I wanted to get married was a winery. It was so beautiful and green - it would have been a great place to get married. Sadly, my fiance could not make up his mind and then they told me they were booked for all of June! We couldn't change our wedding date, because that was one of the only weekends we had my son and I could be 100% sure that my son's father wouldn't demand him for the week. I was sooo upset and sad about losing that place that I think my fiance finally realized "yes this wedding is a year away, but we really need to start making decisions and planning, otherwise there won't be many places left to choose from!"

The next place that we saw for the ceremony was the Rose Garden. I was completely in love with this idea (less flowers to purchase, for sure!!!)! A friend of mne proposed it as an alternative to my first love, the winery. It was great, becasue in June (hopefully with a REALLY hard or mild winter and EARLY spring) the roses would be in full bloom. Getting the place was an ordeal. We couldn't reserve it until that same day, one year in advance. My fiance was at their office and I was on the phone - thankfully, we got the place! I was more than a little excited that we got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment